To report suspicious emails, you can report on your phone's email application or on your desktop computer using the features built into Outlook.
How to report suspicious emails
On your desktop computer
- Open the suspicious email message in Outlook.
- Click the "Report Phishing" link, located directly below the subject line of that email.
- This will report the message and delete it from your Outlook app.
On a mobile device
- Open the suspicious email message.
- Click the button to Forward the message.
- Enter the address: email@example.com.
- Click Send.
- Delete the message from your account.
Our Operations team will evaluate the email, and if necessary stop it from being delivered to your colleagues and friends.
There is no need to report messages that are being filtered to your Junk Mail folder. This means everything is doing its job and sorting suspicious messages where they need to go already.
By reporting suspicious email activity, you will help us monitor our networks and reduce our risk.