A VPN (Virtual Private Network) client is a small piece of software that allows you to connect to a designated network securely using the infrastructure of another network to access the designated one. Most, but not all of the time, this means connecting to a private network, like CU's, through the internet.
The CU VPN Client is required for accessing the following:
- Reaching files stored on the network drives when off-campus (H Drive, I Drive, etc)
- SPSS users who are using a Concordia temporary license
- Accessing Banner off-site
- Printing off-site
- Using the Cisco VoIP Communicator
NOTE: The Concordia VPN is used ONLY for a secure connection to Concordia University Portland Internal resources from off-site locations by authorized users.THIS VPN DOES NOT AFFECT INTERNET TRAFFIC. It does NOT provide security or anonymity for internet activities.
The installation guide for downloading the CU VPN is maintained by Cisco, and is available once you log in through their portal:
1. Navigate to https://vpn.cu-portland.edu .
2. Login with your Network Username and Password.
3. Hit the download button in the center to get the installer, or hit "Instructions" in the bottom right for more information.
Lastly, the CU server address is: vpn.cu-portland.edu
If you have any questions, please contact us at the Tech Center: firstname.lastname@example.org