Activating Your Network Account
As a member of Concordia University you are eligible for a Network Account. Depending on your relationship with the University the processes for being eligible for a Network Account may vary; however, the process for activating one remains the same. In this article we will learn how to activate your Network Account.
Activating Your Account
Once you are eligible to create a network account, follow the steps below:
1. To begin the account creation process, navigate to MyProfile. On the home screen, click the Create an Account tab.
2. The website will then verify who you are and if your are qualified for an account. To do this, choose one of the following options:
3a. If you already know your MyCU ID and PIN, choose this option. Once logged in your account will automatically begin to activate.
3b. If you do not know your MyCU ID and PIN, enter your E-mail address on-file in and you will be sent an E-mail with a one-time-use link allowing you to authenticate to the MyProfile portal. You will see the Create Account link immediately after following this link! Click the Create account and follow the steps to create your Network account.
4. When you have successfully started the account creation process, MyProfile will verify your account status. Please do not refresh or close your browser while this is happening; it should only take about 30 seconds.
5. If you are not yet qualified, you will receive this error message. If you see this and are a student, call your registrar to verify your deposit and that your personal information has been entered correctly. If you're an employee and see this message, contact your hiring manager to ensure that your HR paper work has been completed.The Tech Center has no control over this information and cannot assist in the activation of your account should you receive this error.
However, if all of your account information is correct, you will proceed to the Terms of Service. Simply read and initial.
6. The final step in the account creation process is setting up your password and security questions. Network passwords must be at least 5 characters, and contain at least one capital letter and one number.
7 . Click Create Account to finalize your account creation! MyProfile will now complete the process of creating your network account profile. This can take up to 5 minutes, but on average only takes about 30 seconds.
8. When this is finished, this is what you will see. Take note of your network username; this will be the username you have for the duration of your the time at the University.
To see all of your account information in one place, follow the provided link back to the MyProfile Control Panel. You can return to this page at any time to reset your password, look up your username and MyCU ID, and add additional/edit existing recovery email addresses.
Should you have issues with this process or have questions, contact the Technology Service Center via email at email@example.com