Your Preferred Email is your primary contact email for Concordia University. It is through your preferred email that you will receive all of your official correspondence from the university, as well as from your professors and classmates.
For students, the email address that you list on your application is the address that will be automatically entered as preferred. You must have at least one email listed as Preferred in MyCU.
Your Preferred Email in MyCU
Information on how to specify your preferred email address in MyCU is included.
- Log into MyCU and navigate to Personal Information.
- In that menu, choose the option to Update Email Addresses.
- Under Email Addresses, you will see your Concordia email, and next to it, the designation Preferred
- Below this, you will see "Type of Email to Insert" and a drop-down menu.
- Choose an email type from the menu and click Submit.
- Enter your new email information
- Click Submit.
Submitting changes will redirect you back to the Email Addresses list.
You should see both emails listed.
Change your preferred email address
- To change your preferred address, click the current preferred address.
- You'll be taken to an update page with the option to uncheck the "Make this your Preferred address" option.
- Uncheck the box and click Submit.
- Finally, click the address that you want to make preferred.
- Check the "Make this your Preferred address" box, and submit.
- You'll now see both addresses in the Email Address list.
- The designation Preferred will appear next to your new address.
Note: Students are responsible for maintaining and updating their preferred email address.
Professors are not typically forgiving of students who do not receive their email because they are not checking the correct account, or have the wrong email listed as preferred in MyCU.
If you change your information here, you are responsible for monitoring that change!