Office 365 is a cloud-based collaboration suite that Concordia Portland has purchased in conjunction with our most recent Microsoft campus licensing agreement. In the past, we have included email and calendars. Office 365 adds improved web applications for email and calendaring, as well as adds file storage, and online and client versions of Microsoft Office applications.
These services will begin to roll out July 1st, 2016. While there is substantial documentation available online for the use of Office 365, Concordia Portland's IT department has prepared materials that you can review below for information on access to our system as well as basic setup.
Office 365 Login
To access your Office 365 account, use the following steps:
1. Navigate to https://portal.office.com/
2. Enter your CU Email Addressand click Sign In.
- For Students: your email is your `
- For Employees: your email is `email@example.com`
From here you will be able to access the Office Online applications available to you as well as download the Microsoft Office Suite. For more details on that, review the information below.
1.Sign in with your work or school account at http://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx.
If you know your plan includes Office, you may not have a license assigned. If no software is listed, please wait 24 hours and then email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access.
2.On the Office page, go to the version of Office you want to install.
IMPORTANT: The process that installs Office 2016 also uninstalls all Office 2013 products. See "Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016" error or How do I reinstall Office 2013 after an Office 2016 upgrade.
3.Select a Language, and then choose Install to install the 32-bit version.
NOTE: To install the 64-bit version, choose 64-bit in the Version section before you choose Install. If you're uncertain, try Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office for more information.
4.Depending on your browser, go to the install pop-up that appears and click Run (in Internet Explorer) Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
5.The install begins.
6.Your install of Office 2016 is finished when you see the phrase, You're all set! Office is installed now and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Follow the instructions in the window, for example Click Start > All Apps to see where your apps are, and select Close.
7.Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel. In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you agree to the License terms by clicking Accept.
- If Office seems to be taking a very long time to install, there could be a problem with your internet connection.
- I received an error message: If you got an error message while trying to install Office and it has a Learn More link, select it to get information for how to troubleshoot the problem. If there wasn't a link, see Troubleshoot installing Office and Office 365.
- If you get a message that says, “Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016”. This means Office detected a compatibility issue with something else you have installed. See one of the following help articles for more information:
- If you have Office 2013 products on your PC, see Error: Stop, you should wait to install Office 2016. We’ll have to remove the following if you continue.
1. Sign in with your work or school account at http://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx.
2. On the Office page page, under Install Office 2016 for Mac, select Install to begin downloading the installer package.
3. Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads and double-click Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg. (The name might vary slightly.)
TIP: If you see an error that the Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, wait 10 seconds and then try double-clicking the installer package again. If you're stuck at the Verifying…. progress bar, close or cancel the progress bar and try again.
4. On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
5. Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
6. Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
7. Review the disk space requirements, and then click Install.
8. Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software. (This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
9. The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office installation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac using Office 365 for business.
Launch an Office for Mac app and start the activation process
10. Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
11. Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
12. The What's New window opens automatically when you launch Word. Click Get Started to start activating. If you need help activating Office, see Activate Office 2016 for Mac. If Office activation fails, see What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac using Office 365 for business.