Installing Office on an Android device
Office 365 makes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote available to download on Android devices.
1) If you don't have any Office for Android apps installed, download the apps from the Google Play Store.
TIP: The Office for Android apps are separate downloads in the Google Play Store. Search the store for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, or use the links below to go there directly.
NOTE: If you try to install and receive the error “Device is not compatible” this means your device either doesn't meet the system requirements, or it isn't a supported device at this time.
2) Tap any Office app to open it. Swipe through the introduction, and tap Sign In.
3) To use the extra features in the app, on the Sign in page, type the personal Microsoft account or work or school account that's associated with your Office 365 subscription, and then tap Next.
4) Type your Password, and then tap Sign in.
5) You might be prompted to add a Dropbox account. Select Connect to add it now, or Not now if don't have one, or if you want to add one later.
6) Tap Create and Edit Documents to start working on your documents.
NOTE: To troubleshoot sign in issues, see What you can do in the Office apps on an Android, iOS, or Windows mobile device with an Office 365 plan.
- After you complete the sign in process on one of the Office apps, your account and the OneDrive for Business service is automatically added to the other Office apps installed on your Android device.
To Open Documents In The App:
1) Tap the service where you want to view your files. For example, to view Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents, tap:
- Open > OneDrive - Personal where you store personal documents
- Open > OneDrive - <your business name> where you store your work or school documents
You'll see the list of files you saved to OneDrive or OneDrive for Business. The type files you see are specific to the app you opened them in. For example, if you opened the Word app, you'll only see Word documents; if you opened the Excel app, you'll see Excel spreadsheets.
To view any OneNote notebooks you saved to OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, tap + Open Existing.