In this article, we will outline how connect to the I:\ Drive, our departmental shared drive. This will allow you to connect both on campus and at home.
CU Issued computers should automatically connect, but there are cases where that doesn't happen. Follow the instructions below to configure Network Drive access if needed.
- Setting up network drives for home use is different for Mac users, follow the link here for instructions.
- Follow the steps below for setting up the I:\ Drive for your computer by following the instructions below.
Your Network Drives should already be mapped when you are on campus. If they aren't, you can use the Drive Mapper tool to reconnect them.
The Drive Mapper has a star icon, and should be on your desktop.
If you don't have the Drive Mapper on the desktop, you can find instructions on how to re-download it in our resource.
- Click on the Drive Mapper icon.
- This will open a popup window.
- Click the button to Open.
- You will see your drives mapped under the This PC area of your file explorer.
- If you are off-campus, you must make sure the Cisco VPN Client has been downloaded and is running.
- Instructions for that can be found here.
- Follow the instructions above to run the Drive Mapper.
- This should map the drives.