In this article, we will go over how to connect to the CU Virtual Desktop using your iPad or iOS device. The iPad in this article is running iOS 7; however, the steps should be identical regardless of the operating system you are running. Please note: iPads are not a supported device and any support by Tech Center Staff is best effort only.
1. First download the VMware Horizon View Client from the App Store. Searcing for "VMware Horizon View" should be sufficient to make the proper entry appear in the app store. If you are having a hard time locating the app, it can be found here.
Using the View Client
2. Launch the App from your home screen.
3.Press the Add Server button and type in virtual.ntdom.cupdx if you are on campus or virtual.cu-portland.edu if you are off campus.
4. If you are on campus you may receive an error about having an "untrusted view connection." This is okay, press Continue.
5. You will then be asked to sign in. Enter your network username and password then press Done.
6. You will then have your list of available desktops. Select the one that closest represents your affiliation with the University. You should only have one option: student, employee, or contractor.
7. Now you are connected to the VDI! You can operate in here just like you would in a normal windows environment.Pressing the radial icon in the middle will give you options to enable keyboard and other settings.
8. When exiting the virtual server desktop make sure to shut down the system properly by clicking on the ‘start’ button and selecting ‘shut down’. Do not use the ‘x’ in the upper corner to close the desktop, this is bad and will not properly log you out.
If you have questions or need assistance connecting, please contact the Tech Center to set up an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: iPads are not a supported device and any support by Tech Center Staff is best effort only.
Created by Steven Quirk 10/17/13