Documents saved in the cloud using OneDrive can be viewed and updated from just about anywhere. Download the app and use it with your Microsoft account, or the work or school account you use with Office 365.
Install and set up OneDrive on an Android for the first time
- If you don't have OneDrive installed, download it from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap Sign in. Add your Microsoft account to access your personal OneDrive files, or add your work or school account to access the OneDrive files associated with that account, and then tap Sign in.
- Tap Menu to see your account, and then tap Files to see the documents you saved in OneDrive.
Add another account to the OneDrive app
1. Open the app on your device, and then tap Menu
2. Select Add another account.
If you already added a Microsoft account and you don't see the option to add another account, at the bottom of this screen, tap Settings and do the following.
- If you're adding a work or school account, select Add OneDrive for Business.
- If you want to add a different Microsoft account from the one that's already there, you must first sign out of the personal Microsoft account by tapping the account name, and then select Sign out of this account.
3. Add the email address for your Microsoft account to access your personal OneDrive files, or your work or school account to access the OneDrive files associated with that account, and then tap Sign in.
4. To switch between accounts, tap Menu, and then tap the account you want to view documents from.
Use the OneDrive app
Use the OneDrive app to open your files
- Tap any document to open it.
- You can only view documents by using the OneDrive app. If you want to edit a Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or OneNote file from your device, you need to install and set up the Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote to your Android phone or tablet. See Install and set up Office on an Android phone tablet with Office 365.
Add photos or videos
- Choose where you want to upload the pictures to.
- Tap Upload, and then tap Upload photos and videos.
Get more help
- See OneDrive for Android: FAQ to learn more about using this app.