Concordia's Email Filtering Policy does not permit white listing of entire domains (@example.com) due to security concerns. If an email arrives from a reputable source, the message should arrive in your inbox without any issues. Sometimes, a message may get automatically marked as spam and end up in your Junk Email folder. This generally means that the message comes from a domain that is not following good emails standards, or have not maintained a positive reputation with spam listing services.
If you are expecting an email message that does not arrive in your inbox, please check you Junk Email folder to determine if it is being filtered.
If a legitimate email ends up in the Junk Email folder or you have not received messages from Blackboard or another external non-CU email address, you can register either the sender's email address or domain (@example.com) as a safe sender on an individual level. Please refer to the following instructions to mark an address or domain as a Safe Sender.
Add safe senders: Outlook 2016 (desktop app)
- In Outlook, click the Junk button on the toolbar ribbon.
- Select Junk Email Options.
- Click the Safe Senders tab.
- Click the Add... button.
- Enter either an email add address or the sender's domain (@example.com)
- Click OK.
Add safe senders: Outlook web app (OWA)
- After logging into the Web App (https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox)
- Click the Cog icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under Your app settings, click Mail.
- Under the Options shortcuts on the left-hand side, expand Mail > Accounts.
- Then, click Block or allow.
- Enter the sender's email address (for example email@example.com), then click the + button to add the address to the Safe Senders and Recipients list.
- Next, click the Save icon at the top of this page to save your changes.
The following list contains domains that may be required to receive messages from for your coursework.
ALL ONLINE STUDENTS OR STUDENTS WITH BLACKBOARD COURSE COMPONENTS:
It is suggested that Law School students add all of the following domains.
- @symplicity.com (Career Services Management portal)
- @thomsonreuters.com (WestLaw)
- @bna.com (Bloomberg Law)
- @mail.lexisnexis.com (LexisNexis)
- @lexisnexis.com (LexisNexis)
- @qemailserver.com (Qualitrics)
- @indiana.edu (LSSSE Law School survey)
- @lawschoolsurvey.org (LSSSE Law School survey)