If you are the owner or maintainer of a shared mailbox or calendar, adjustments and account maintenance is best handled via the Outlook Web App, available via the Office 365 portal.
- To access a shared mailbox in Outlook Web App, first log in at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/
- In the upper-right corner of your browser, note the icon with your initials or profile photo.
- Click this button, which will present the My account menu pane (pictured on the right, in the image below).
- Next, select Open Other Mailbox.
- Type in the mailbox name, and click Open.
- You will know that you've switched when a new tab opens and Outlook loads up the mailbox.
- You can verify by clicking on the circle in the upper right again.
Automatic replies can be used for so much more than out-of-office notifications. One common use is for sending automatic replies to messages sent to mailboxes set up to receive resumes.
- Open the mailbox that you want the reply to come from, and open the Options (gear icon) menu in the upper right corner.
- Click Automatic Replies.
- This will open the settings menu for the Automatic replies.
- From this screen you can choose to turn replies on or off, set a specific time frame for the replies to be sent, edit the text of the message, or customize who you want the reply to be sent to.
Set email rules
Setting inbox rules on shared mailboxes are particularly useful. You can use rules to forward certain messages (or messages from a specific sender) to specific people, delegate messages to different folders, and otherwise use them to organize the way messages behave for the mailbox.
- Open and email you want to set a rule around, click the gear icon to access your Settings
- Then select menu Organize Email.
- Then, select Create a Rule...
- This will give you some suggested rules for filtering based on the message you select.
- Use the options presented to modify or configure settings and rules as specified.
- From the Settings menu, select Mail.
- Select you can set up and write Email Signatures by selecting it under "Layout".
- You can also use the Settings menu to customize shared Calendars as well.
- Open the Option menu, then click the Calendar button in the same option menu from the previous step.
- Some of the most important options for customization are in the Automatic Processing.
Safe senders and junk email
- To manually add senders and recipients to your safe senders list, open the Options menu and click on Block or Allow.
- From this menu you can choose to turn automatic filtering on or off, and add specific people or addresses to your safe list to keep them from being filtered into Junk.
- You can also list specific senders or domains to your Blocked list, to always filter them into your Junk mail.
- To learn how to set this, review the article here.