About Shared Mailboxes
If you are the owner or maintainer of a shared mailbox or calendar, you've probably needed to make adjustments to the account that could not easily be accomplished within the desktop Outlook client. Fortunately, the most common tasks can be managed very simply by using the Outlook Web App.
1. To access a shared mailbox in Outlook Web App, first log in at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/.
2.Look in the upper right corner, and you will see your initials or a photo of yourself if you've uploaded it. Click on the circle, then select Open Other Mailbox.
3. Type in the mailbox name, and click Open.
4. You will know that you've switched when a new tab opens and Outlook loads up the mailbox. You can verify by clicking on the circle in the upper right again.
Setting Automatic Replies
Automatic replies can be used for so much more than out-of-office notifications. One common use is for sending automatic replies to messages sent to mailboxes set up to receive resumes.Follow the steps below to learn how to set one up.
1. Open the mailbox that you want the reply to come from, and open the Options (gear icon) menu in the upper right corner. Click on Automatic Replies.
This will open the settings menu for the Automatic replies. From this screen you can choose to turn replies on or off, set a specific time frame for the replies to be sent, edit the text of the message, or customize who you want the reply to be sent to.
Setting Inbox rules
Setting inbox rules on shared mailboxes are particularly useful. You can use rules to forward certain messages (or messages from a specific sender) to specific people, delegate messages to different folders, and otherwise use them to organize the way messages behave for the mailbox.
1. Open and email you want to set a rule around, click the option button, then select menu, and choose Organize E-Mail, then select Create a Rule...
2. This will give you some suggested rules for filtering based on the message you select. Make the adjustments you would like and choose the actions based on the list it provides you.
Managing Account Settings
From the Settings menu, select "Mail" down at the bottom. From here, you can set up and write Email Signatures by selecting it under "Layout".
Inbox rules aren't the only things you can customize in Outlook Web App. You can also use the Settings menu to customize shared Calendars as well. Open the Option menu, then click the Calendar button in teh same option menu from the previous step.
Some of the most important options for customization are in the Automatic Processing.
Setting Safe Senders and Junk
To manually add senders and recipients to your safe senders list, open the Options menu and click on Block or Allow. From this menu you can choose to turn automatic filtering on or off, and add specific people or addresses to your safe list to keep them from being filtered into Junk. You can also list specific senders or domains to your Blocked list, to always filter them into your Junk mail. To learn how to set this, review the article here.
If you are having issues managing your shared mailboxes, or have questions, contact the Tech Center via email at email@example.com.