VDI stands for Virtual Desktop Interface, and allows you to access a virtual computer inside of your own. Here is how you can connect to the VDI.
1. You must download the VMWare Horizon View Client.
For Off Campus Users- Click this link https://vdi.cu-portland.edu
For On Campus or VPN Connection Users- Click this link https://vdi.ntdom.cupdx/
If you get an error message about the certificate or site not being trusted, select an option to proceed anyway.
2. Select the Install VMWare Horizon View Client button from the page that appears.
3. On the next page, select the "Go to Downloads" button underneath the VMware Horizon Client for Mac.
4. After that, click on the Download button to download the client. Then run the file that is downloaded.
Installing the Client
5. After double-clicking the file you downloaded, drag the icon to your application folder. Make sure you agree to any licence agreements during this process.
6. Launch the program from your applications and double click New Server
7. When asked for the server address input either: vdi.cu-portland.edu (for off-campus use) or vdi.ntdom.cupdx ( for on campus use). Then click "connect."
8. If you are given an error message about an "untrusted view connection," this is expected, and you can click continue.
Using the Client
9. At the login screen enter your Concordia University network credentials (same as Blackboard). Click Login when ready to connect.
At the next screen choose the desktop name of the desktop you wish to log in and double-click it to connect. After a few moment of you are now in your own virtual desktop!
When exiting the virtual server desktop make sure to shut down the system properly by clicking on the ‘start’ button and selecting ‘shut down’. Do not use the ‘x’ in the upper corner to close the desktop, this is bad and will not properly log you out.
If you are having issues with disconnecting or connecting to a virtual desktop please contact our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help determine if it is an issue with your computer or the virtual environment.
If you are having problems installing or connecting to the virtual desktop, please contact the Tech Center via email at email@example.com