Blackboard is the academic technology platform that Concordia University uses to host online courses. You can access Blackboard to view grades on your assignments, turn in papers, download articles or your course syllabus, participate in class discussions, and much more.
In order to access Blackboard, users must be enrolled in at least one active course.
- Navigate your web browser to https://portal.cu-portland.edu/
- Enter your network username and password.
- If you don't know your username or password, or if you have not yet created your network account, see Forgotten Password: Concordia University - Portland (CUP)
- On the Portal landing page, click Blackboard.
- This will launch a new tab with your Blackboard dashboard.
Once logged in, you will see your Blackboard dashboard. From here you can view course announcements (if you have any), check calendar items, or use the Tools to email your classmates and change your profile information.
Your classes will appear in a list in the My Courses module, located in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
If your course does not appear on your dashboard, please review our information on missing courses.
Each course will be tailored to the course specifications, either as determined by the instructor or by their program's guidelines and configuration, but each should look similar to this.
Course content will be displayed on the class home screen, but you can also use the quick links bar on the left to find your class discussion boards, submit assignments, take quizzes, check grades, email your instructor and more.