Under the direction of Shawn Daley, certain faculty may wish to utilize technology in creating an iBook using the iBooks Author program on a Mac. ITS has provided the equipment to accommodate this request in a way that allows faculty to checkout a laptop with the software so they can work at their own pace.
Loaner MacBook Pro
- The Technology Service Center currently has 1 MacbookPro with iBooks Author installed that Faculty can check out with prior notice and reservation for the express use of publishing academic eBooks.
- Faculty requesting the use of the MacBook Pro must demonstrate a previous arrangement with Shawn Daley to receive direction on using the program prior to checking out the laptop.
- Once that arrangement has been made, the equipment can be reserved using the normal Media Services reservation process here.
- The Technology Service Center staff does not support iBooks Author, iTunes Publisher, or any software involved in creating iBooks.
- Support for the Macbook Pro from staff at the Tech Center is limited to hardware and operating system support only under an AppleCare Agreement.
- The Macbook Pro will be checked out for a 1-week period with possible renewals as approved by Shawn Daley and Tech Center Managers.
When it is ready, you will find tutorial videos and resources on how to use this program in this section. For now, if you need training, please coordinate with Shawn Daley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org