The SCI 112 course, Environmental Science with Lab, currently requires the use of additional software in order to complete the coursework. Instructions on how to use this program should be included in your syllabus and during appropriate lessons. While this software is not supported by Concordia University's IT Departments, this article will outline how to download and install the software on your personal computer. Because of the unsupported nature of this program, the software will not be installed on lab computers on campus. The Tech Center staff can provide a best effort support on issues with Food Chain, but are not the primary source of support, for more information please review the Support section of the article at the end.
Below are a series of steps to download and install FoodChain on a computer running Windows. Screenshots provided are from Windows 7, but the steps are the same for Windows 7 and 8.
1. To download the installer, click here.
2. You will have and option for Win or Mac. Click the Win option, follow by the Food_Chain.msi file.This will prompt your web-browser to downloaded the installer, placing it in your downloads folder.
3. Locate the file downloaded in the last step. Here it is on our downloads folder. Double click it to begin the install process.
4. Proceed with the installer, clicking next and accept the license agreement.
5. Select the installation path (default works fine) and select install. After a few minutes FoodChain will be installed.
Below are a series of steps to download and install FoodChain on a Mac Computers. Screenshots provided are from Mac OS X 10.7.5, but the steps are the same for all versions.
1. To downloading the installer you must use the Safari web browser. Once in Safari, follow this link:
2. After a few minutes, an icon with the name FoodChainBeta will appear on your desktop. Once this appears, double click that icon, then double click the Mac folder.
3. Double click he Food_Chain.dmg file located within the Mac folder. After a few moments, this will launch the installer.
5. Finally a window will pop up asking you to drag the FoodChain folder into you applications folder. Follow the instructions on screen.
FoodChain will now appear in your applications folder. You can now launch it when you are ready!
If you have issues installing or running FoodChain on your computer first:
- Contact ISEE Systems' tech support at 800-987-6758. They are open from 9 AM to 5:30 PM EST, Monday through Friday.
- In the event that you are not able to contact ISEE Systems, please contact Les Carlough via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the issue is not resolved after taking these steps, the Tech Center will make a good faith effort to assist via a schedule session by emailing via email@example.com