In an effort to reduce the university's environmental impact from printing, all Concordia University instructors are to observe the following instructions for paperless academic communication with students:
- Whenever possible, instructors should permit students to submit assignments, tests, papers, and other course deliverables electronically.
- It is the student's responsibility to validate receipt of electronically submitted materials.
- Instructors are encouraged to grade and return the materials to students electronically.
- If students desire printed copies of their graded materials that are submitted electronically, they may print the documents themselves after grading, or provide the instructor with a printed copy of the assignment to be used for grading.
- If an instructor-provided document is required for class (such as a paper handout or syllabus), the department/program should bear the cost of printing and distribution to the students.
- Where possible, instructors should make documents required for class available electronically, and permit the use of student technology to access those documents in class (laptops, tablets, E-Readers, etc.).
Please be conscientious of how and what you print!
Approved 3/5/2013 - M. Wahlers
Reviewed 8/20/2019 - B. Metzler