Instructors can adjust the start or end dates of courses in Blackboard using the Customization options within a course. Adjust the start or end dates of your course in Blackboard to open the course early or change the Banner-set course start/end dates.
To set assignment and course due dates, you must first make sure that your course start date falls within those ranges and is set as available. To find out how to set the course start date and make your course available, review the steps below.
Edit your course availability date
- Login to Blackboard and access the course you wish to modify.
- Under the Course Management section, select Customization
- Select Properties.
- Use the options under Set Availability to adjust the availability of your course.
- Use the Set Course Duration section to adjust the Start Date and/or End Date for your course.
- Make sure the course is set to available, as seen in the screenshot, and that the course duration coincides with your due dates.
- After you have made your changes, click Submit to finalize the changes.