KnowBe4 is a web-based security awareness training platform that Concordia University uses to provide updated information and best practices for data security and password management. You will be notified via your Concordia email address what modules you need to take. For any additional questions about how to access and complete the training, review the training documentation in this article.
You can access the KnowBe4 portal by directing your web-browser to their login portal.
STUDENTS: please visit our article for a tutorial on the free Home version of KnowBe4.
You will receive steps to create your account when you receive your welcome email. When you follow the link the first email sends, it will require you to confirm your email address.
You can sign into KnowBe4 by navigating to the login portal. Once there, use the email address and password you created during the steps in your welcome email. If you are unsure what to use to sign in, see the FAQ section of this article.
Once you are signed in, you will see a summary of all the lessons available to you.
Click "Start Course" to start the lesson. Please note you may have to disable your pop-up blocker, as the lesson opens up in a pop-up window.
If you are having any technical issues with accessing or completing the training, please review the information below for common troubleshooting steps.
If you have any questions about the content or deployment of the training, please contact Concordia's IT Security Officer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some frequently asked questions that relate to the use of Security Mentor.
How do I reset my password?
Follow the steps below to reset your password:
1. Navigate to the KnowBe4 Log In Page
2. Enter your CU email address and hit Next.
3. Click the "Forgot your password" link
3. Enter your email address again, then click "Send me reset password instructions".
4. Follow the instructions sent to your email to complete the password reset.
I deleted my account activation email. How do I receive another copy?
To have a new account activation email sent to you, go to https://training.knowbe4.com/users/confirmation/new. Enter your registered work email address, then click "Resend confirmation instructions"
I can't sign in to take training. What should I do?
If you are unable to sign in, please check the following before contacting support.
- On the Sign In page, are you entering your CU email address?
- Try resetting your password via the above steps.
- Did you sign in? After you reset your password, you must sign in to KnowBe4 using your CU email address and new password.
- Is your web browser auto-filling in a previously saved email address or password? Try clearing your auto-saved username and password and try again.
- If all of the above fail, try resetting your password a second time.
I requested to reset my password or get a new activation notice, but I didn't receive it.
You should receive an email form KnowBe4 a few minutes after requesting it. If it's been more than 5 minutes, check you spam folder. Otherwise, confirm that you are checking your registered email address (your CU Email).