"No License" error? Request a new authorization code to resolve this!
Concordia University offers SPSS for academic use for students and faculty only. In this article, we will show you how to gain access to the software!
Faculty who need access to SPSS for academic purposes should create a support ticket by emailing email@example.com to request access.
Students can download SPSS to their personal computers using our online portal. Follow the steps below to access and download the most recent version of SPSS. SPSS is also loaded on all lab computers on campus in the event that a student does not have a personal computer.
Downloading the Newest Version
Only do this step if you do not have a current version of SPSS installed on your computer.
If you do not have any version of SPSS installed, follow the steps below:
1. Log into https://portal.cu-portland.edu .
2. In the bottom left, choose the link "SPSS Software".
3. This will bring you to a new screen. At the top, you can choose which installer to use, and at the bottom you can request an authorization code. First, we will click on the installer. Please choose the version applicable to your operating system. (Green Box).
4. You will see the installer for SPSS as a download in your browser. The example screenshot is in Chrome.
5. Click on the download to run the installer.
6. Windows 10 might display this message, please proceed with the "Install anyway" button as shown.
7. Follow the on screen instructions from the pop up window, select "I accept the terms in the license agreement" the terms and click next. Follow the installer through the next few stages by clicking "next" as shown.
8. The installation is now completed, click "Finish" and keep the box check to "Start SPSS Statistics License Authorization Wizard now" .
1. To generate your authorization code, click "Request Authorization Code" (red box).
2. This will display your Authorization Code on screen. You will be able to copy and paste from this screen to the License Wizard.
4. Enter the code provided in step 2.
5. A correctly entered code will produce the following result. In the example the unique number has been crossed out to avoid confusion. Click next.
6. Success! The following window will show you: 1. Where the file save location is, 2. When your license expires.
How to Retrieve your code once downloaded:
Follow the steps below to retrieve your activation code or re-download your version.
1. Log into the CU Portal.
2. Click the "SPSS Download" link in the bottom left.
3. Your code will be displayed on this screen!