In the event of a system update that requires changes to IP Communicator, you may use the steps in this article to update your phones settings. IT staff can assist you with this if you would like, just send us a support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting assistance.
1. Make sure IP communicator is not running. To shut down IP Communicator properly, use the following steps.
- Click the "X" in the upper right corner of the on screen phone.
- Click the up arrow near the clock on the bottom of the screen.
- Hover the mouse pointer over the Cisco IP Communicator icon, right-click, then choose Exit.
2. After you verify that IP Communicator is entirely closed, click the “Start Button” and choose “All Programs”. Scroll to and click the “Cisco IP Communicator” folder.
3. Now right-click on “Cisco IP Communicator” and choose “Run as administrator”
4. Once the program has opened, right-click anywhere on the phone and click "preferences."
5. Click on the “Network” Tab and change the TFTP Server IP Addresses from this:
TFTP Server 1: 10.24.12.151
TFTP Server 2: 10.32.12.150
PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER SETTINGS. Doing so may cause you phone to stop functioning or use the wrong phone number.
6. At this point it’s possible that the change you just made will make the phone appear to briefly hang, or it may flash momentarily. That is a good thing, as the settings are being applied.
Click “OK” and you are done. Verify that IP Communicator opens with the proper display (Name, Phone Number, etc.)