Printing your documents has never been easier. Now, students, staff, and faculty can all print documents straight from their computer through a web browser.
This method of printing is integrated with the PaperCut Print Management system, and does not require a VPN connection, manual mapping of the printing queues, or the installation of extra drivers or software. Both Windows and Mac users can print documents through the PaperCut web portal.
How to web print with PaperCut
In this article, we will learn how to use the web printing feature. Follow the steps below:
- Open your browser and navigate to https://papercut.cu-portland.edu:9192/user
- Enter your Concordia network username and password to access the PaperCut web tools.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see a full summary of your print account and balances. For web printing, look for the Web Print option on the sidebar.
- To begin web printing, click the Submit a Job link.
- Select which printer you wish to print to. You can use the Quick Find search box to search for a nearby printer, or choose from a list of recently used printers below. Besides the printer name the location will be listed, telling you exactly where you can go to pick up your completed print job. When you're ready, click 2. Print Options and Account Selection.
- Because you are not printing from the application you created your document in, this page is where you designate how many copies of your print job you wish to print. If you would like to print double sided you must select one of the queues that says "Duplex." If you belong to multiple print groups, you will also see the option to select which account you want to be billed for this particular print job. This information will also be available in your print summary when you are finished.
- Click 3. Upload Document to continue.
- Finally, click Choose File to upload a file from your computer.
- Note that web printing currently supports a limited variety of file types.
- If you are a student in need of word processing software that meets these requirements, you can download compliant software online..
- When ready, click Upload and Complete.
When your document is successfully uploaded and sent to the printer, you will be returned to the Web Print first page. From there, view the progress of your document while it prints.
To review any of your recent print jobs, choose Recent Print Jobs from the dashboard. This will give you a summary of what you've recently printed, to which printer you sent the job, which account was billed, and for how much.
Prefer a guided tour? Click the video below: