An avatar is an image that you would like to use to represent yourself throughout Blackboard. Your personal image appears in the page header, on discussion boards, blogs, journals, class roster and elsewhere on Blackboard.
Images must be less than 5 MB in size and at least 50 x 50 pixels in dimension. Acceptable file formats include GIF, PNG, JPG, and JPEG. The recommended image size is 150 x 150 pixels.
Depending on the orientation of the image file, you may need to rotate it left or right so it appears correctly in Blackboard.
Add an Avatar to Your Profile
- Log into Blackboard.
- On the upper right of your screen click on your name to view the Global Navigation Menu.
- On the dropdown menu that appears, click Settings.
- Now choose Personal Information.
- Now click on Personalize My Settings.
- Change the first option to Use Custom Avatar Image.
- Click Browse My Computer to choose an image for your avatar.
- The recommended image size is 150 by 150 pixels. Larger or non-square images may be compressed or distorted.
- Select the image you would like to use and click Open. This will add the image to your Blackboard account.
- Click the Submit button to save changes.
- Your new avatar will now appear throughout Blackboard.