With the upgrade to Blackboard with the Ultra Experience, new options for customizing your profile in Bb has changed and improved.
Your Blackboard Profile
In the list where your name appears, select your name to access your profile. Your profile appears with some information, and you can't delete your profile. Your institution decides what you can customize:
- Profile Picture (Avatar): Upload a picture to replace the generic silhouette.
- Basic Information: Update your personal information.
- Global Notification Settings: Set up notifications for course activities.
Add a Profile Picture (Avatar)
- Point to the generic silhouette or your picture and select the pencil icon to upload, change, or remove an image.
- In the panel, select Upload new profile picture to browse for your picture on your computer. Or, you can drag a file to the Upload area.
- Your image is automatically saved.
- Close the panel to return to your profile.
Remove or replace your image:
- Upload or drag in another image.
- To return to the generic silhouette, select the Delete this picture icon to delete your existing image file.
Edit Your Profile & Preferences
Your profile is the place to edit the information attached to your persona.
- To edit parts of your profile, select the pencil icon next to one of the profile information types.
- A new panel appears.
- Make changes.
- Your information is saved as you type it.
- Cancel or X erases your changes and closes the panel.
Blackboard.com (n.d.) Profile. Retrieved from https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Getting_Started/Profile#ultra_profiles