Create a New Post
- Follow the instructions above to access the forum in which you would like to make a new post.
- On the starter post, you will see a blue Reply button.
- This will open the visual editor (also known as the rich-text editor and WYSIWYG editor).
- Type your post into the text window, or type your post in an external plain-text editor to save a copy.
- After you have entered your post's content into the text window, use the buttons on the visual editor to format your post as you would like it to appear.
- Note: Pasting formatted content from a Word document into your post may result in functionality issues with Blackboard or your post may not display as it does in Word. This is typical behavior. We recommend using a plain-text editor for writing your discussion board posts, such as Notepad or TextEdit. View our article on discussion board formatting for further information.
- Once you are satisfied with your post, select the blue Submit button to complete the discussion board post.
- After clicking the Submit button, you will be see your newly added post in the threaded conversation.
Edit an Existing Post
- If your course has enabled the ability to edit discussion board posts, hovering your mouse pointer over your post should reveal an Edit button.
- After clicking the edit button, you will once again be able to use the visual editor and such to amend your post as you desire.
- To finish the editing process, select the blue Submit button.
- Your updated post will be displayed.