Discussion board forums may serve a variety of purposes in courses, including asynchronous classroom discussion.
Create a discussion post
- Follow the instructions above to access the forum in which you would like to make a new post.
- On the starter post, click the Reply button.
- This will open the visual editor (also known as the rich-text editor and WYSIWYG editor).
- Enter your post's text content by typing into the box or paste plain-text into the editor.
- Use the buttons on the visual editor to format your post as you would like it to appear.
Note: Pasting formatted content from a Word document into your post may result in functionality issues with Blackboard or your post may not display as it does in Word. This is typical behavior. We recommend using a plain-text editor for writing your discussion board posts, such as Notepad or TextEdit.
View our article on discussion board formatting for further information.
- Once you are satisfied with your post, select the Submit button to complete the discussion board post.
- After clicking the Submit button, you will be see your newly added post in the threaded conversation.
Edit an existing discussion post
If editing your posts has been enabled by your instructor, these instructions should allow you to edit your post(s).
- Navigate to the location of your post.
- Hover your mouse pointer over your post to reveal an Edit button.
- Click the Edit button to enter the edit interface with the visual editor and formatting options expected.
- To finish the editing process, select the Submit button.
- Your updated post will be displayed.
If you cannot edit your post, please consult your instructor for further assistance.