Blackboard allows you to change your displayed first name to promote a better sense of individuality when interacting in your classes. To update your preferred first name in Blackboard's user profile, use the instructions below.
Please Note: Updating your preferred name in Blackboard is NOT submission of a name change, or updating your official academic record.
For information on legal name changes to your Concordia University academic record, please see our official Name Change policy.
If you are a CCNY student, please click here.
- Login to Blackboard.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, locate your name in the sidebar menu (global navigation menu). Click your name to access the Blackboard profile settings.
- On your Blackboard profile page, hover your mouse over the Full Name field to reveal the edit pencil icon.
- A panel will slide out from the right-side of your screen (depending on your device, this experience may vary).
- On the Profile Settings > Contact Information pane, edit your First Name.
- This will change your displayed first name only in Blackboard. It will not affect any other technology at CUP.
- When you are finished, click the Done button at the bottom of the pane to close this section.
- Refresh your page or clear your cache and you should see your new display name.