Blackboard allows you to change your preferred first name to promote a better sense of individuality when interacting in your classes. To update your preferred first name in Blackboard's user profile, use the instructions below.
Please Note: Updating your preferred name in Blackboard is NOT submission of a name change, or updating your official academic record. For information on legal name changes to your Concordia University academic record, please see our official Name Change policy.
If you are a CCNY student, please click here.
- Login to Blackboard.
- On the left side of your Blackboard dashboard, select the link for Personal Information.
- On the Personal Information page, select Edit Personal Information.
- You have the option to change your first name to your preferred first name.
- Type your preferred first name in the First Name text box.
- Click the Submit button to finalize your changes.