One feature of Blackboard is being able to turn in your assignments electronically. Follow the process outlined below to submit an assignment to a dropbox within a Blackboard course. Please ensure you are using a supported web browser.
Use the instructions below to get started submitting an assignment in Blackboard.
- Click the title of the assignment dropbox to access the submission interface.
- This will lead you to the Upload Assignment screen.
- Attach your files here.
- Attach relevant files to the assignment dropbox by dragging and dropping your desired file(s) into the "hotspot" (indicated by the dashed line).
- Alternately, you may click the Browse My Computer button and upload the file as usual.
- Your attached file's name will be displayed on the screen, pictured under Attached Files.
- Select the Submit button to complete your assignment submission.
Once you have successfully submitted your assignment, it will display a preview and a confirmation that your submission was successful.
After clicking the Submit button, your new assignment submission should be displayed in the preview window.
- If it does not immediately display, refresh your web browser.
- This does not mean your assignment was not submitted. Refresh your browser to display the assignment submission.
The assignment preview should display in the Box preview area on the left.
Students will also receive an email receipt if the submission was successful.
Remove/Delete Assignment Submission
At this time, there is no method for students to remove assignment submissions.
Most assignment dropboxes are setup to allow multiple submissions.
To resolve an accidental submission you would like to delete:
- Students should re-submit to the assignment dropbox.
- Use the Send Email tool within your course to inform the instructor of the previous submission.
Students need not take any further action, unless instructed to do so by their course instructor. Resubmitting the correct assignment and informing the instructor should be sufficient to correct the situation.