When using Blackboard you may have a need to upload video content. Due to server limitations, Blackboard cannot accept video files as attachments in either discussion board posts or assignments. Use the information in this article to assist with sharing videos in your course.
Upload a Video to YouTube
Before you can submit a video assignment within Blackboard, you must first upload it to an external service. The instructions below cover uploading videos to YouTube.
Use the instructions from YouTube to upload your video.
- Sign into your YouTube account.
- Click on Upload at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video you can chose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video to upload from your computer.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video.
- If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, click Done to finish the upload. Click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people.
Alternatively, you can use Dropbox, Google Drive, or WeTransfer to host the file and share the link to the hosted file with your instructor.
Submit a Video to Blackboard
When submitting your video, do not upload the file to the dropbox. Video files are too large to be uploaded to Blackboard’s assignment dropbox. Instead, upload your video to a streaming site, such as Youtube or Vimeo, and share the link to the video. To ensure privacy, please review privacy settings before publishing your video.
- Navigate to your course's assignment dropbox.
- This will lead you to the Upload Assignment screen.
- Under the Assignment Submission section of the screen, click the Write Submission button.
- A text box will open.
- Paste the link to your video into this box.
- Click Submit to finalize the submission.