Blackboard has its own internal email system that lets you communicate with your professors and classmates. The advantage of using the Blackboard email system is that you can quickly and reliably reach your whole class without leaving the Blackboard interface.
Email Your Class
- To reach the email system for a particular class, go to that class's homepage.
- Click the Send Email in the class menu on the left.
- The next screen will show a variety of messaging options, there are four main ones you will mostly use.
- All Users - Emails everyone in the class, students and instructors
- All Student Users - Sends an email to all students in the class
- All Instructor Users - Emails all instructors in the class
- Single/Select Users - Sends an email to a specific user or groups of users
- All choices have a similar screen for composing messages.
- Give your message a subject and then type your message in the box below.
- Check the return receipt box if you would like a copy of the email to be sent to you.
- You can also attach a file by clicking Attach file.
- Click Submit in the upper or lower right hand corner to send your message.
Email a Specific User or Users
You can also send a message to a single specific user or a group of users.
- Click Email Single/Select User
- Click on each individual user then click on the right pointing arrow to put them in the Selected box.
- If you want to remove a user from the Selected box click on their name and then click the left pointing arrow.
- Follow the same steps as above to write and send your message.