Taskstream is software the university uses to track certain critical assessments for accreditation. Not all courses require submission to Taskstream but for those that do, Taskstream submission is required.
In this resource:
Quick Start Guide
Locate the Taskstream link in your course. Typically, you can find Taskstream in Submit Assignments.
- Click the Taskstream assignment title.
- Click the title of the critical assessment.
- Click the Work tab.
- Click the +Attachments button.
- Attach and upload your document.
- If required, fill out the student survey
- Click the Submit Work button.
Locate Taskstream in your course
The location of a Taskstream submission link will vary program to program, but it can usually be found with the rest of the assignment dropboxes in the Submit Assignments area.
A Taskstream submission link can always be identified by the logo shown above.
A typical Taskstream assignment is shown below.
Submit Work to Taskstream
Locate the Taskstream link in your course and click the assignment title. The next screen will list critical assessments for the course. Most courses only have a single Taskstream critical assessment.
- Click the critical assessment title to continue to the Taskstream interface.
- From this view, the rubric for the critical assessment can be viewed by clicking the View Rubric link.
- To continue with submission, click the Work tab.
- Clicking +Attachments will bring up options for uploading a file to Taskstream.
- Clicking the Upload from Computer button will open a window that will give options for uploading.
- Either drag the file directly into this window or click the +Add Files button to choose a file from your computer.
- Click Upload and Close.
- Then, click Save and Return.
- The submission is now uploaded and ready to be submitted.
- Click the Submit Work button to complete the submission.
- If you wish to cancel your submission you can do so now.
- Once the instructor begins assessment of the submission, it will be locked and cannot be canceled.
Surveys within Taskstream
Some courses may have a student survey attached to the Taskstream submission.
- If the course does have a survey attached it will be visible from the Work tab as seen below.
- Click complete this form to launch the survey in a new window.
- If a survey is included with your course, you will be prompted to complete the survey before you can complete your critical assessment submission in Taskstream.
If a survey is supposed to be included in your course and you are not prompted to complete the survey, email your instructor and alert them to the error. This indicates an issue that will have to be resolved by Taskstream administrators.
The survey will not be available during your session. We apologize for this inconvenience.
You should receive an email notification once evaluation of Taskstream submission is complete. There may be instructor comments to review. To access comments from your instructor, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Taskstream assignment link in your course.
- Click through the critical assessment requirement – It should now show as Evaluated.
- Click the Results & Comments tab - You should see a view similar to the one below.
- Clicking Results and Comments will display final score, overall comments, attachments, and the graded rubric.
- Your instructor may have included comments as an attachment.
- Download these by clicking the attachment title under Evaluator added files.
- Clicking History and Comments will display a record of all previous submissions and evaluations for this critical assessment. This can be useful for retrieving past instructor comments on a submission.
Resubmissions to Taskstream
While your submission is being evaluated by your instructor, it will be locked and you will not be able to cancel or resubmit.
If your instructor decides that your submission requires edits or other additional work they can place your submission in Callback Status. You should receive an email notification if this is the case.
If your submission is in Callback Status you can resubmit a new submission. Your previous submission along with any instructor comments will be preserved.
If you have previously submitted to the critical assessment for a course, you may find that you are not able to resubmit. This may happen if you are retaking the course. In this case, reach out to your instructor and alert them to the issue, then contact support for assistance with Taskstream assignment clearance.
Troubleshooting Taskstream issues
If you encounter trouble with Taskstream, try the suggestions included below. These are solutions that have resolved errors for other students and may assist you.
- If you are receiving this familiar error, please clear your browser cache. If this does not resolve the issue, you must switch browsers to Firefox.
- Enabling third-party cookies may also help with this common issue.
If you are missing a survey, see the important note above regarding Taskstream surveys.
Technical recommendations for issue resolution
- Update your web browser
- Ensure you are using a the latest version of a supported* web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Updating web browsers frequently resolves issues with Taskstream.
- Check your browser's status,as well as the status of Java, Flash, and other aspects of your computing experience.
- Clear your web browser cache
- Session timeout errors are often resolved by clearing your browser's cache.
- Learn how to clear your browser's cache.
- Enable third-party cookies on your browser
- Cookies must be enabled in order to use Taskstream. (Third party cookies, specifically)
- Learn how to enable cookies on your browser.
- Disable your pop-up blocker
- Disable your browser’s pop-up blockerwhen using Taskstream. Pop-ups are essential to downloading files.
- File size limitations
- Ensure your files are not too large to be uploaded to Taskstream.
- Attachments (Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) have a maximum size of 50MB each.
- Videos must not be larger than 500MB each.
Please refer to Taskstream's website for additional technical specifications and help resources.
* Note: Internet Explorer (IE) and Safari are not supported for use with Taskstream.