Before the end of your course, save all course content, including assignment submissions and posts, to a reliable storage system, such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Access to past courses is not guaranteed.
Courses are available in Blackboard for one year from the date the course ended. Use the instructions in this section to save your submitted assignments before your course is closed to your access.
- Within the course, select the Grades and Rubrics link on your left sidebar
- Click the title of the assignment (the blue title is a hyperlink).
- If a compatible file is submitted, a preview will be displayed in the New Box View inline grading tool preview area. If comments or annotations have been made in the inline grading area visible on the left, you will be able to download these comments.
- In the Assignment Details pane on the right side of the assignment preview, click the grey chevron button to the right of your assignment title.
- Select Download Annotated PDF
- A dialog box will popup to save your file to your computer.
Assignments that do not display an option to download the Annotated PDF do not have downloadable feedback available.
Download an Assignment (Crocodoc)
This process is for assignments submitted to the Crocodoc inline viewer, available in courses from 2017 and earlier.
- Your last assignment submission to this dropbox will display in the document viewer. To select a different submission attempt, use the drop-down arrow next to Attempt... to select another submission attempt
- Once the correct assignment submission is visible in the viewer, click the small grey download button on the top of the viewer.
- On the popup box, select Download annotated PDF.
Note: If no comments are present, this option will not be available.Clicking the download button will only download your original assignment submission.
- This will download the PDF file with instructor comments to your computer.
- Once the assignment is downloaded, open the file using Adobe Reader*. The comments are displayed directly in the document, as pictured below.
*Important: Complete instructor feedback comments will only be viewable when using Adobe Reader. Instructor feedback comments will not show up if using the native in-browser PDF viewer or if Mac Preview is used to view the PDF.