SafeAssign is a tool that checks for plagiarism in student work submitted through the Blackboard assignment dropbox.
Create a SafeAssign assignment
You can enable SafeAssign within an assignment when you are creating the dropbox.
Existing Blackboard assignment dropboxes can be made SafeAssign assignments by enabling the settings below for your assignment dropbox. (Note: This will not affect existing submissions to the assignment dropbox.)
- Within your course in Blackboard, ensure that the Edit Mode is ON.
- Navigate to assignment dropboxes are located in your course (e.g., Submit Assignments, Course Content, etc.).
- Note: If you are enabling SafeAssign on an existing assignment, skip to step 5.
- Create the new assignment dropbox by selecting Assessments (1) and then Assignment (2).
- Once you have filled in the fields for the assignment, scroll down to Submission Details, under the Grading section.
- Click Submission Details to open up the options.
- Place a check in the box to "Check submissions for plagiarism using SafeAssign".
- Choose whether to allow your students to view their originality reports or not.
Information on SafeAssign originality reports is available in our help resource.