SafeAssign is a tool that checks for plagiarism in student work submitted through the Blackboard assignment dropbox.
Create a SafeAssign Assignment Dropbox
You can turn on SafeAssign within an assignment when you are creating the dropbox.
- Within your course in Blackboard, ensure that the Edit Mode is ON.
- Navigate to where your assignment dropboxes are located in your course (e.g., Submit Assignments, Course Content, etc.).
- Create the assignment dropbox by selecting Assessments (1) and then Assignment (2).
- Once you have filled in the fields for the assignment, scroll down to Submission Details, under the Grading section.
- Click Submission Details to open up the options.
- Check the box to enable SafeAssign for this assignment. At this point you can also select whether students can or cannot see the originality reports.
Grade a SafeAssign Assignment
- To grade a SafeAssign assignment, begin with the steps grade an assignment as usual in the Inline Grading Tool.
- In addition to the typical features of the Inline Grading Tool, you will also see SafeAssign with a percentage plagiarism match.
- View a student's submission results in detail by accessing their Originality Report, available by expanding the SafeAssign menu and clicking the View Originality Report button.
- View the complete Originality Report Documentation
- The results will load in a new tab in your browser that will contain a simplified version of the student's paper and highlighted results.
- To grade the student's paper, enter your grades and comments as you would normally do using the Inline Grading Tool.