To embed an image directly within a text area, follow the instructions in this article.
- Ensure the visual editor is full-expanded, displaying the advanced tools. If it is collapsed, click the double-chevrons on the right side of the visual editor.
- Next, click the Insert/Edit Image button in the third row of the editor.
- This will launch a pop-up window.
- On this pop-up window, click the Browse My Computer button and locate the image on your computer that you wish to embed.
- Enter an Image Description and Title.
- You may receive an error if you do not complete these fields.
- Click the Insert button at the bottom of the pop-up window (2 in the image above).
- This closes the upload pop-up window and inserts your chosen image into your forum's text entry area.
- Complete the post by clicking the Submit button.
- Your image will be embedded and displayed within your post.
Note: Please note that large images can slow down the performance of the discussion board for users on slower internet connections, potentially causing issues for other users accessing discussion board forums.