Discussion board forums that have point-values defined within their grading criteria can be graded for student feedback by following the process outlined in this article.
- Enter the discussion board forum you would like to grade.
- Within the discussion board forum, click the grey Grade Discussion Forum.
- This action will bring up a list of the students in your course and the number of posts they contributed to the forum.
- Click the Grade button (on the far right) to access the posts the student contributed and the grading area.
- A list of the student’s contributions and the grading area will be presented.
Any rubrics used for the forum will be available in the right column.
- Enter the student’s score on the right.
- If a rubric was attached the assignment dropbox, click its Grade by Rubric link to launch the rubric.
- Launch the rubric in a new pop-out window by clicking the windowed button.
- Toggle the Descriptions and Feedback of the rubric on or off using the checkboxes.
- Select the completion level of each section of the rubric by selecting a radio button for each category.
- Enter rubric feedback comments.
- Click the Save Rubric button to save the feedback and collapse the Grade by Rubric sidebar section.
- Click the Submit button to grade their post(s)
- Click the grey OK button at the bottom-right of this screen to return to the list of students who have completed the forum and proceed with any needed grading in this forum.
- Repeat this process for all students who need graded for this forum.