Blackboard's visual editor allows you to format text using HTML. It allows you to add bold or italicized words to a variety of learning object tasks, including discussion board posts and journal entries. The Visual Editor features many useful formatting options.
The functionality of the visual editor is very similar to other rich-text/WYSIWYG editors you may have experience with.
- A complete overview of the different functions of the WYSIWYG Visual Editor is available directly from Blackboard.
While completing various assignments, you may need to upload files from your computer to your course. For example, you may need to upload a Microsoft Word file of a paper you have written or you may want to attach a image to the discussion board.
If uploading a file is an option within the tool you're using, you will see an Attachments area along with a Browse My Computer button. Please note that you can only attach one file at a time.
- To attach a file, click the Browse My Computer button to browse your computer for a file.
- Locate and select the file you wish to upload from your computer.
- Click the Open button.
- Finalize the attachment process by clicking the Submit button to complete the learning object's task (e.g., discussion board post, journal entry, etc.).
- Your file should be attached and listed as an attachment to the post.