Turnitin has been discontinued and replaced with SafeAssign. Turnitin assignments are no longer function in courses after August 2019.
Instructors who have orphaned / broken Turnitin assignments in their courses should contact their Instructional Design team for removal.
Students reporting concern about dysfunctional Turnitin assignment dropboxes should be informed that this will not affect their grades.
Delete a Turnitin assignment dropbox
If you have now-dysfunctional Turnitin assignments in your course and would like to remove these, follow the instructions below. Use SafeAssign as your Tii alternative.
- Locate the Turnitin assignment in the Course Content area where you have the assignment dropbox.
- Click the arrow button next to the assignment to access the context menu and select Delete.
- The assignment dropbox and Grade Center column should now be deleted.
Hide a Turnitin Grade Center column
If you have deleted the Turnitin assignment but still have a visible Turnitin assignment in your Grade Center columns, you will need to hide the column from the course and students. To resolve the display issue for you and your students, hide the orphaned Turnitin column in your course.
- From the course menu sidebar in your course, click Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Click the arrow button next to the Turnitin assignment's Grade Center column.
- From the drop-down menu, select Edit Column Information.
- On the Edit Column page, scroll down to Options.
- Select No on both “Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations“ and “Show this Column to Students.”
- Then, click Submit.
- Return to the Grade Center, and click the arrow button for the Turnitin column again (step 2 above).
- From the drop-down menu, select Hide from Instructor View.