On November 4, 2019, MBS Direct will transition to BNC Virtual.
MBS Direct is part of the Barnes & Noble Education organization and is rebranding. Your experience should not change. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns about this transition.
Concordia Online students can buy their textbooks quickly and easily through MBS Direct, Concordia's textbook partner. While this walk-through is provided by ITS, the system and support is handled by MBS Direct. More information on how to contact them if needed is provided later in the article.
- MBS Direct website
- Set up your account
- Order textbooks
- Manage your textbook content
- Support for MBS Direct textbooks
November 4: The website will update to https://bncvirtual.com/cu-portland.
The bookstore homepage is located at http://bookstore.mbsdirect.net/cu-portland.htm.
Set Up Your Account
All students will need to set up their MBS Direct account in order to purchase books.
- To begin, look for the Log In button in the upper right corner of the homepage.
- In the Sign In screen, you can create a new account by clicking the 'I don't have an account' link beneath the Sign In boxes.
- If you already have an MBS Direct account, you can simply sign back in with your email and password.
- For new accounts, simply enter your name, preferred email, and create a password.
- Click Create Account.
- Once your account is created, you can use the tools in the My Account section to monitor your orders, redeem coupon codes and manage account settings such as your shipping address and payment preferences.
Finding and ordering your books is simple.
- Click the Order Books link on the homepage to start.
- Decide how you will be paying for your order. MBS Direct accepts most credit/debit cards, PayPal, and various forms of vouchers.
- Select your term and which program you will be taking your classes in. You can select as many as necessary.
- All the courses in the programs you chose will be listed on the following page.
- Scroll through until you find the classes you are enrolled in, and check the box to select.
- Click Continue.
- Most classes will have books available at multiple price points. Depending on the availability, you should have the option to buy used, new, or even to rent your books.
- Finally, review the items in your cart and Proceed to Checkout.
Manage Digital Content with MBS Direct
Your MBS Direct account can also be used to manage and collate your digital content from around the web.
To access this, click the Digital Content link in the page header.
- A full explanation of this aspect of MBS Direct's service can be found here.
The Digital Content Manager can also be accessed via mobile device.