Content areas and folders are a good way to organize content within your Blackboard class.
The main Course Content page in your class is called a Content Area.
You can place Content Folders in Content Areas. You can also create a new Content Area in your class.
Content areas and folders are a good way to organize content within your Blackboard class. You can create a folder in any content area in Blackboard. You can identify a content area by the menu along the top.
To create a new Content Area:
- Click the plus sign in the upper left hand corner and select Content Area.
- Type the name of the new content area, and check Available To Users.
If this is overlooked, students will not be able to view or access the Content Area.
- Click the Submit button to complete the addition of your new Content Area.
- The new Content Area will appear in the left hand menu.
- Drag the vertical arrow to change the Content Area's placement on your course sidebar menu.
- To create a folder in any Content Area hover over Build Content then select Content Folder
- On the next screen you will need to specify a few settings for the Content Folder.
- In the Name field, type the folder name. This is what the students will see. If there are any specific instructions you can type in the text box below.
- Under Default Content View, you can select if you would like the folder displayed as an icon only, text only, or icon and text.
- Set Permit Users to View this Content to Yes if you would like students to be able to see the folder.
- Click the Submit button to save your changes and create the folder.
- The folder is now created.
- If you access the new Content Folder, you will see it is just another content area where you can upload files, create links, or even add sub-folders.