Uploading files into a class page in Blackboard is very simple, and an excellent way to distribute documents to students - a syllabus, journal or newspaper articles, for example - that helps to make class materials more portable and accessible, and can save you and your students printing fees.
Add files to your course
- First, make sure that Edit Mode is on.
- Hover over Build Content, then click on File.
- Give the file a Title. (This is what students will see.)
- Select the Browse My Computer option, the navigate to the file on your hard drive.
- Select Yes for Open in a New Window.
- Select the Yes radio button next to Permit Users to View This Content.
- Click Submit.
- Your file is now uploaded to the class.
Invalid files error
If you get an error message about the file that is attached being invalid, you can resolve this by using the information below.
- Select the file from your assignments and upload it again from your computer by selecting Edit next to the file.