Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools.
- Select Rubrics
Create a new rubric
You will now see a screen labeled Rubrics. At the top of the screen, click on the Create Rubric button.
You will now see a screen labeled Create Rubric. The section labeled Rubric Information allows you to enter a name and description for your rubric.
- Name: In the space marked Name, enter a name for the rubric.
- Description: In the space marked Description, provide a description for the rubric
Build the new rubric
The section labeled Rubric Detail allows you to build your rubric. The default rubric in Blackboard will have three criteria (rows) and three levels of achievement (columns).
- To add additional criteria or levels of achievement, click on the Add Row or Add Column button
- Rubric Type: To change the rubric type, choose the desired rubric type (e.g. percentage, percentage range, points, or point range) from the dropdown menu.
- To rename or delete an existing criterion, click the button to the left of the criterion name and choose the appropriate option. To change the weight of a criterion, enter the desired weighting for the criterion in the space provided.
- To rename or delete an existing level of achievement, click the button to the left of the level name and choose the appropriate option.
- In each rubric cell, enter the point value for the criterion and level of achievement in question, and provide a description of the requirements for achieving the criterion in question in the space provided. Repeat this process for each rubric cell.
- If you are using a percentage rubric, click the Balance Weights button to automatically even out each criterion.
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.