The Self-Service Password Reset Portal is the tool that allows users to reset their Concordia network account on Office 365’s web portal. Password changes made on this portal are then transmitted from 365 to our local Active Directory Domain Controllers meaning that it will update the account used to log in to local services such as computers, the Intranet, and MyProfile.
In order to use the SSPR portal a user either needs to have previously setup alternative contact information during the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) registration process or they must have manually gone through the SSPR Registration process (outlined below in this documentation). In other words, if you have not previously setup MFA or registered with SSPR, this option will not be available to you and you must use MyProfile to reset your password. The error you get is pictured below:
SSPR and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
If you have previously setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account, then you should have alternate contact information already in the system. Please skip ahead to the USING SSPR TO RESET PASSWORD section of this article.
If you haven't setup MFA, you can do the following to register for SSPR:
1. Open your web browser and go to https://aka.ms/ssprsetup
2. Login using your CU Email Address and Password.
3. At the SSPR Registration screen, it will present you with options to setup an Authentication Phone and Authentication email, click the “Set it up now” link next to proceed with registering an Authentication Phone or Email.
4. Click the “Set it up now” link next to the Authentication Phone. This will take you to a screen where you can choose your country dialing code and input your phone number. Select and fill in the appropriate information, then click either the “text me” or “call me” option to verify this number. If you choose the text option, you will be given a temporary code to input back into the website. If you choose the call me option you will be prompted to input a command with the keypad to confirm.
5. After you verify your phone number, you will be returned to the main SSPR registration page. Your Authentication Phone will be setup and you can now setup an Authentication email address as well. Click the “Set it up now” link next to “Authentication Email” to begin setting up the email recovery option.
6. In the Authentication Email box, input a personal (non-CU) email address you have access to, such as a Gmail or Yahoo. Then click the “Email me” button to send a verification code to that address. Open that email, copy the 6-digit number, and paste it back into the SSPR Authentication Email setup page. Then click the “Verify” button. After verification, click "Back" to go to the main page.
7. Back at the main SSPR Registration page, you should now see green circles with checkmarks next to “Authentication Phone” and “Authentication Email” entries. It will also display the phone number and email you specified. If everything is verified and accurate, click the Finish button to complete your SSPR registration.
Now that you have setup SSPR, you can reset your password through Office 365. Please see our article on this process.