Concordia University Portland is now making extensive use of Teams, in order to streamline effective business communication and program usage.
Log in to Office 365 to access Teams
To access your Office 365, use the following steps:
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com/
- Enter your CU email address
- For Students:
- For Employees:
From here you will be able to access the Office Online applications available to you as well as download the Microsoft Office Suite.
Access Teams through the Office portal. Download the app, or use the web app.
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com .
- Login with your CU email address and password.
- On the home screen, you will see the Teams tile.
- Click on it to open it.
Download the Teams app
Teams runs better and has more functionality as a program, instead of being run in your web browser.
- After accessing Teams, click the Get App button to download the installer.
- You will see the download "Teams_windows_x64.exe" start.
- Run that file when it is finished downloading.
- Once you have run the download, the program will install and prompt you for MFA.
- If prompted, your account is a Work or School Account.
- Success! You are now running the desktop version of Teams!
Files must be in .DOCX / .XLSX / .PPTX format to be edited within your Teams. Most files created after 2010 should already be in this file format, but if not, you can use the "Save as" feature to change the file type.
Create Teams and channels
Teams breaks down each Teams into a sub-set of Channels. Each channel usually has a theme, like Projects, Rush Requests, Reference, etc. The Team will auto-generate your first channel, "General", when the Team is created. Private channels can now be created.
New in Teams is the ability to create private channels within a Team. Learn more about private channels in Teams here.
Team owners can see the names of all private channels in their team and can also delete any private channel in the team. (A deleted private channel can be restored within 30 days after it's deleted). Team owners can't see the files in a private channel or the conversations and member list of a private channel unless they are members of that private channel.
Join an existing Team
If you should be a member of an existing Team, you should receive an invitation to join. You can also search for the Team, or email the owner and request to be added.
Restore a deleted Team
To restore a deleted Team, follow these instructions from Microsoft.
If you are the Team owner and would like to delete your Team, follow these instructions from Microsoft.
Additional support and training
Microsoft has provided excellent tutorials on how Teams and the channels work.
Please see their main video guide page for the specific subject of Teams you would like to learn about: Sha-zam!