Concordia University Portland is now making extensive use of Teams, in order to streamline effective business communication and program usage.
Office 365 Login
To access your Office 365, use the following steps:
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com/
- Enter your CU email address and Network account password and click Sign In.
- For Students: your email is your `email@example.com`
- For Employees: your email is `firstname.lastname@example.org`
To access Teams, you need to use your CU Office 365 account. Here are the steps for accessing Teams for the first time:
- Navigate to https://portal.office.com .
- Login with your CU email address and password.
- On the home screen, you will see the Teams tile. Please click on it to open it.
Download the Teams app
Teams runs better and has more functionality as a program, instead of being run in your web browser.
- After accessing Teams, click the "Get App" button to download the installer.
- You will see the download "Teams_windows_x64.exe" start. Please run that file when it is finished downloading.
- Once you have run the download, the program will install and prompt you for MFA. If prompted, your account is a Work or School Account.
- Success! You are now running the desktop version of Teams!
Files must be in .DOCX / .XLSX / .PPTX format to be edited within your Teams. Most files created after 2010 should already be in this file format, but if not, you can use the "Save as" feature to change the file type.
- Teams breaks down each Teams into a sub-set of Channels.
- Each channel usually has a theme, like Projects, Rush Requests, Reference, etc.
- The Team will auto-generate your first channel, General, when the Team is created.
- Microsoft has provided excellent tutorials on how Teams and the channels work.
- Please see their main video guide page for the specific subject of Teams you would like to learn about: Sha-zam!