This article briefly covers joining a group in a course that uses the Blackboard Groups functionality.
Your course may have you join groups via posting in discussion boards, or by joining a group using the Groups tool. If in doubt, reach out to your instructor for clarification.
Join a Group
- Click the Groups link on the course menu.
- Click View Sign-up Sheet to join a group
- Read the Sign-up Sheet Instructions at the top of the page then decide which group to sign up for.
- Click Sign-up, directly under the group you wish to join.
- You have now completed the sign-up process.
- To double check your group selection, click on the Groups link.
Submit a Group Assignment
- One member from each group will submit on behalf of the entire group.
- Once a member submits, the other members will not be able to submit.
- The instructor will provide feedback to the entire group via the single group submission.
- Access your grades and feedback as normal, using the Grades tool in your course menu.