Microsoft Stream is a video hosting service that is available to all CUP students and staff. You can host work-appropriate videos that can be viewed by a few select people, a specific group, or even the entire organization. Here's how you can upload a video:
1. Navigate to the Stream homepage and enter your Office 365 credentials.
2. This will place you on the Stream homepage. In the top left, you will see a number of options. Please click "Create", then "Upload video".
3. This will bring you to the upload page. Please drag the file you wish to upload onto the arrow, or click "Upload" to bring up a file explorer.
4. Once you have uploaded a video, you will be able to configure the video's settings and permissions. Under the Details tab, you can rename the video, add a description, and choose a thumbnail for the video. Once you have configured that to your liking, please click "Permissions".
5. Under the "Permissions" tab, you can choose who has access to the video inside of the organization. Please note the default permissions check the box "Allow everyone in your company to view this video".
5a. If you uncheck the top box, you will receive this prompt. Click "Yes" to finalize that change.
6. If you decide to un-check the box granting full organization access, you will be able to specify individuals who can access the video. Use the search box to find their email address, and click on their name. It will add them to the list. In the below screenshot, I used the "People" option to add one co-worker to the list of access.
7. Now that you have finished configuring the permissions for video, please click on the "Options" tab. Here you can enable/disable the ability for tagging people, having a comments section, having captions, or adding subtitles.
8. Once you have configured everything to your liking, you can send an email with the direct video link by using the "Share" button, or just upload it with "Publish now".
There you go! Your video is now in Stream.
Q: How do I find videos I have already uploaded?
A: At the top of the screen, you will see a tab called "My Content". Please click on that tab to unfurl the dropdown, and choose the category "Videos". Your uploaded videos will be displayed on the next page.
Q: I forgot to turn off "Allow everyone in your company to view this video"! How do I turn this off after uploading the video?
A: Navigate to the video in question via a direct link, or searching for it using the above method. Once there, please click on the 3 dots in the video description, and choose the option "Update video details". This will bring you to a page displaying the 3 configuration options again. You can then uncheck the box that shares the video to the entire organization.
Q: How big a file can I upload and what file types are supported?