Blackboard has many course tools that may be available to be added to your course, such as Discussion Boards, Journals, Wikis: and more. Some tools must be added to your course menu before they can be accessed by students. Use these instructions to quickly add new tools to your course sidebar menu.
Add a tool to your course sidebar menu
- Ensure Edit Mode is set to ON in your course.
- Click the (+) button on the sidebar.
- Select Tool Link.
- From the drop-down list, select the Blackboard tool you would like to add to your course menu.
- For example, select Journals from the drop-down list of tools to provide a quick link to the journals in your course within the course sidebar menu.
- Enter a title for the tool link (e.g., "Journals" or "Discussion Board")
- Check the box to make Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
- The tool will now be accessible in your course via the link in the course sidebar menu.
Note: The tool link is typically placed at the bottom of the menu. Drag the crosshairs on the side to pull it into the location desired.