Focused Inbox separates your inbox into two tabs—Focused and Other. Your most important email messages are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible—but out of the way—on the Other tab.
If you are experiencing issues with Focused inbox, you may either disable this feature, or you can train this feature. Information on either approach is covered in this informational resource.
Disable your Focused inbox
If you would like to turn off the Focused inbox feature, use the instructions in the resource for your version of Outlook listed.
- Outlook 2016: Turn off Focused inbox (experience may vary)
- Outlook on the web: Turn off Focused inbox
- Outlook for Mac: Turn off Focused inbox
Train your Focused inbox
If you would like to train your Outlook's Focused inbox, information and resources below will aid in this effort.
The basic instructions for this process are outlined below. These may vary based on how you are accessing Outlook (online, in the Outlook app, Windows or Mac, etc.). View the complete instructions on training your Focused inbox here.
From your inbox, select the Focused or Other tab, and then right-click the message you want to move.
- If you're moving a single message from Focused to Other:
- Select Move > Move to Other inbox.
- Select Always move to Other inbox if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Other tab.
- If you're moving a single message from Other to Focused:
- Select Move > Move to Focused inbox.
- Select Always move to Focused inbox if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Focused tab.