With Office 365, you can set up an automatic sync of your desktop files to OneDrive using the PC backup method outlined below.
Set up PC folder backup
- Select the white or blue cloud icon in the Windows notification area:
- Select More > Settings
- Then Backup > Manage backup
- In the Back up your folders dialog box, make sure the folders that you want to back up are selected.
- Select Desktop here to ensure your desktop files are automatically synced to OneDrive.
- Select Start backup.
- You can close the dialog box while your files sync to OneDrive.
- Or to watch your files sync, select View upload progress.
- If you already closed the dialog box, select the white or blue OneDrive cloud in the Windows notification area to open the OneDrive activity center.
When the files finish syncing to OneDrive, they're backed up and you can access them from anywhere in Documents, Desktop, or Pictures.
When you back up your Desktop folder, the items on your desktop roam with you to your other PC desktops where you're running OneDrive.
Microsoft.com (n.d.). Back up your documents, pictures, and desktop folders with OneDrive. Retrieved from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/back-up-your-documents-pictures-and-desktop-folders-with-onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057